The Short Film Market of the 10th China International New Media Short Film Festival
Projects Collection for Venture Capital Investment Projects Selection Meeting
The Short Film Market of the 10th China International New Media Short Film Festival (CSFF) will be held in the Great International Exchange Square in Shenzhen during December 7-8, 2019. It is the first international short film market in China, which focuses on the trading of short film copyrights and talent projects, aiming to create a platform for the trading of short film copyrights, film & television script copyrights, new media video creative project investment and financing as well as the exhibition of film & television technology. In order to promote the communication between exhibitors and creators, facilitate trades and build a pragmatic and efficient project information service platform, the Organizing Committee of the 10th CSFF will hold a Venture Capital Investment Projects Selection Meeting in the Great International Exchange Square in Shenzhen on December 7. The copyright owners of creative short film projects, online blockbuster scripts, and cinema film scripts are welcome to participate in the competition.
I. Venture Capital Investment Projects Selection Meeting
Time: December 7, 2019
Venue: the Great International Exchange Square in Shenzhen
The Venture Capital Investment Projects Selection Meeting of the 10th CSFF Short Film Market adopts the closed selection meeting. The Organizing Committee of the CSFF will arrange qualified production teams to conduct a roadshow at the meeting site, with 15 minutes for project elaboration and Q&A. The expert and public juries of the Selection Meeting will score the roadshow projects on site and select three award-winning works of the Best Original Script, the Best Adapted Script, and the Project With the Highest Market Potential.
The Organizing Committee will invite nine expert jury and the public jury such as the professionals from film & television production companies, new media platform companies, and investment institutions to conduct market evaluation and score on venture capital investment projects at the Selection Meeting.
The Venture Capital Investment Projects Selection Meeting of the 10th CSFF will set three awards for the Best Original Script, the Best Adapted Script, and The Project With the Highest Market Potential. The Organizing Committee will issue award certificates, trophies and other supporting resources for award-winning script projects, organize the project copyright owners to negotiate with intended investors, and create opportunities for face-to-face in-depth exchanges and negotiations between the selected projects owners and investors.
September 20 - October 30, 2019
V. Methods for submission
(I) Requirements for application
1.The copyright owners of creative short film projects, online blockbuster scripts, and cinema film scripts are welcome to participate in the competition;
2. There is no limit to the type of script projects or proposals. The type includes drama, animation and documentary short films;
3. Content requirements
1) The entry must not have contents (including text, dialogue, scene and background) that contravene the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China;
2) The entry must not have contents that are related to ethnic, religious or racial discrimination;
3) The entry must not have pornographic or violence-related contents;
4) The entry must not infringe the copyright of others;
4. The entry should have a complete outline. Those with complete scripts are preferred to be shortlisted;
5. The project cost budget shall be preliminarily determined;
6. Complete films are not allowed for submission. Projects that have not participated in other venture capital financing platforms are preferred to be shortlisted;
7. Participants must have produced short films.
(II) Requirements for application materials
1. Applicants are required to fill out the Application Form of the Venture Capital Investment Projects Selection Meeting of the 10th CSFF with signature;
2. Proposals or script outline;
3. Online links and access/password to directors' previous short films
4. PowerPoint proposals;
5. A poster of the entry with a width-length ratio of 9:16. The size should be 2M or above.
6. Two photos of the production team taken recently. The files should be of high precision JPG format and the size should be 2M or above.
(III) Methods for application
Applicants should send the above materials to the Email: email@example.com of the Organizing Committee, or submit the materials by express delivery to the Organizing Committee before October 30, 2019. Applicants will receive an email or a call for successful submission after the approval by the Organizing Committee.
Address: Floor 16, Building 1, Cultural and Creative Industry Park of Shenzhen Media Group, No.1 Qingqing Road, Longhua District, Shenzhen
Recipient: Mr. Lv
Contact number: 0755-23767305
(I) Applicants must be the copyright owners or the representative of the copyright owners of the submitted projects, and go through the formalities for the script copyright submission before the competition;
(II) Please assure that the contact information is true and valid;
(III) All submission files and related materials will not be returned. The Organizing Committee will keep them as the selection materials of the CSFF only.